OLYMPIA, Wash. (AP) -- Those under age 18 would be banned from using tanning beds in Washington state under a measure going to Gov. Jay Inslee's desk.
Senate Bill 6065 passed through the Senate Tuesday on a 42-6 vote after they concurred on an amendment made by the House that would allow teenagers to use a tanning bed or related device if they have a doctor's prescription. The House passed the measure in February.
Users of tanning equipment would have to show a driver's license or other form of gov government-issued identification with a birth date and photograph. Tanning facilities that allow people under age 18 to use a tanning device could be fined up to $250 per violation.
- Richland fireworks volunteers hoping to give back with proceeds
- Evacuation orders in place for Selah fire
- Police looking to arrest meth possession, delivery suspect
- Crews intensify search for missing Union Gap woman
- Deal in principle reached on Washington state operating budget
- Global cyberattack: What you need to know