Members of the Washington Army National Guard made some noise Saturday afternoon to let the community of Walla Walla know they are back.
More than 50 members of Alpha Battery 2-146th Field Artillery Regiment demonstrated military equipment and provided the public a chance to meet the unit and learn about the regiment’s history at a special ceremony at Fort Walla Walla Museum.
The unit provides long-range fire support during combat operations, plus fires military equipment for ceremonial purposes and events.
Originally based in Walla Walla more than a century ago, the unit had moved to Montesano, but has returned to Walla Walla after serving in Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Lineup ready for Yakima's Apple Jam talent search
- Burning of garbage cause of West Valley fire
- Camp Hope in Yakima sticking around until possibly November
- Funding for Yakima downtown plaza once again a problem
- Healthcare providers bracing for hospital closure in Walla Walla
- Wapato public swimming pool set to open for summer