Members of the Washington Army National Guard made some noise Saturday afternoon to let the community of Walla Walla know they are back.
More than 50 members of Alpha Battery 2-146th Field Artillery Regiment demonstrated military equipment and provided the public a chance to meet the unit and learn about the regiment’s history at a special ceremony at Fort Walla Walla Museum.
The unit provides long-range fire support during combat operations, plus fires military equipment for ceremonial purposes and events.
Originally based in Walla Walla more than a century ago, the unit had moved to Montesano, but has returned to Walla Walla after serving in Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Displaced and desperate: 'I will never go back to Marawi'
- Neighboring houses catch fire in Pasco
- Woman's body found on park trail in Everett
- Store clerks and customers disarm robber, hold suspect down until police arrive
- Accidental shooting at child's party leaves 1 man hurt
- Woman dies in highway crash in Yakima