OLYMPIA, Wash. (AP) -- Nearly 3,000 businesses in Washington may receive refunds of a $125 fee they mistakenly paid, thinking it was a government requirement.
The attorney general's office is suing the Mandatory Poster Agency for about $360,000 in restitution, plus penalties that could amount to millions more.
The office says Mandatory Poster Agency sent businesses an official-looking document saying they owed the fee to satisfy corporate requirements. No such fee is required.
- Fire officials urge public to use caution when burning outdoors
- Ride Transit Month: Environmental benefits
- Crews battle fire on I-82 East outside of Prosser
- Multiple injuries in 2 vehicle collision on Clearwater
- Arizona prosecutor wants jail time for Vikings WR Floyd
- Crime Stoppers searching for Yakima County burglary suspect