WALLA WALLA – All four West Complex units at the Washington State Penitentiary are on lockdown after an assault resulted in one offender receiving stab wounds Tuesday morning.
The assault occurred at about 8:30 a.m. in a common area of D Unit. Staff members responded immediately and secured the unit, recovering a sharpened weapon that was used in the assault.
Offender Justin Crenshaw, 26, is currently being held in the facility’s segregation unit while local law enforcement and prison staff investigate the incident.
The Washington State Penitentiary houses over 2,300 offenders in minimum, medium, close and maximum custody.
- Ducks end Michigan's run with 69-68 victory, head to Elite 8
- CBC officials work to promote healthy studying, combatting drug usage
- Washington state operating budget proposal may cut homeless funding
- Former Pasco police officer found not guilty of rape, assault
- Court rules on lawsuit against WSU in euthanized dog case
- Man arrested on 3 warrants due to unrelated 911 call