WALLA WALLA – All four West Complex units at the Washington State Penitentiary are on lockdown after an assault resulted in one offender receiving stab wounds Tuesday morning.
The assault occurred at about 8:30 a.m. in a common area of D Unit. Staff members responded immediately and secured the unit, recovering a sharpened weapon that was used in the assault.
Offender Justin Crenshaw, 26, is currently being held in the facility’s segregation unit while local law enforcement and prison staff investigate the incident.
The Washington State Penitentiary houses over 2,300 offenders in minimum, medium, close and maximum custody.
- Goats return to manage levee vegetation along Mill Creek
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Thrift store and non-profit continues fight against homelessness
- Police arrest suspect in murder of 14-year-old boy
- Man charged with assaulting 7-week-old daughter
- 10-year-old donates earnings to shooting victim's family