WALLA WALLA – All four West Complex units at the Washington State Penitentiary are on lockdown after an assault resulted in one offender receiving stab wounds Tuesday morning.
The assault occurred at about 8:30 a.m. in a common area of D Unit. Staff members responded immediately and secured the unit, recovering a sharpened weapon that was used in the assault.
Offender Justin Crenshaw, 26, is currently being held in the facility’s segregation unit while local law enforcement and prison staff investigate the incident.
The Washington State Penitentiary houses over 2,300 offenders in minimum, medium, close and maximum custody.
- New Hanford site kiosk unveiled at Richland Public Library
- Crews continue to battle wildfire in Selah
- PNNL denies whistleblower retaliation against worker
- Lawmakers react to GOP healthcare plan before the Senate
- Richland police arrest suspected child molester
- Are flying cars the next big thing in transport?