WALLA WALLA – All four West Complex units at the Washington State Penitentiary are on lockdown after an assault resulted in one offender receiving stab wounds Tuesday morning.
The assault occurred at about 8:30 a.m. in a common area of D Unit. Staff members responded immediately and secured the unit, recovering a sharpened weapon that was used in the assault.
Offender Justin Crenshaw, 26, is currently being held in the facility’s segregation unit while local law enforcement and prison staff investigate the incident.
The Washington State Penitentiary houses over 2,300 offenders in minimum, medium, close and maximum custody.
- Local youth refugee performance works to inspire positive change
- Community rallies behind Meals on Wheels
- Store owners on high alert due to shoplifting spike in Kennewick
- Wildlife, forestry groups presenting in Yakima for 4-day convention
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome