A major water main break on 40th Avenue near Chesterly Park is affecting a large number of water customers in Yakima. Water users between 40th Avenue and 32nd from Chesterly Park to Nob Hill Boulevard either have no water or are experiencing low water pressure.
City crews have been rerouting water around the break and it may result in turning the water rusty. However, City officials want to assure customers that the water is NOT contaminated and is still safe to use. The rusty water may last most of the day.
The water main break flooded several homes near the break. City water crews are now at the scene attempting to assess the situation and determine the full extent of damage to the water system. No estimate is available on when service will be restored.
- Man fatally shot by Kent police during pursuit identified
- Credit card skimmers on the rise in grocery stores
- Veterans benefiting from free community acupuncture
- Wildfires in central Washington cover more than 6,000 acres
- Storm cleanup turns into neighborhood effort
- Graffiti uptick in Finley prompts law enforcement crackdown