A major water main break on 40th Avenue near Chesterly Park is affecting a large number of water customers in Yakima. Water users between 40th Avenue and 32nd from Chesterly Park to Nob Hill Boulevard either have no water or are experiencing low water pressure.
City crews have been rerouting water around the break and it may result in turning the water rusty. However, City officials want to assure customers that the water is NOT contaminated and is still safe to use. The rusty water may last most of the day.
The water main break flooded several homes near the break. City water crews are now at the scene attempting to assess the situation and determine the full extent of damage to the water system. No estimate is available on when service will be restored.
- Richland begins construction of second dog park
- WSP to crack down on studded tires
- City of Pasco to discuss public market
- Wa-Hi Dance Team takes 4th in state championship
- Burglary, theft suspect wanted in Yakima County after escape from community custody
- Secretary of state will undergo treatment for colon cancer