SEATTLE (AP) -- A woman who calls herself the "Weed Fairy" distributed free nuggets of marijuana to people in Seattle over Memorial Day weekend, taping the free pot on fliers around a city neighborhood.
The woman, 23-year-old Yeni Sleidi, says does it to amuse people and to give them a break from everyday stress.
The New York City woman says the idea came to her during the government shutdown when many of her friends were stressed. Her fliers said "these are tough times. Take this weed. & keep your spirits high."
Sleidi said she felt comfortable attaching her name to her deeds in Seattle because recreational marijuana has been legalized in Washington state.
- Benton County deputies seize $1.6 million of marijuana
- 1 dead after semi vs. train collision near I-82
- Patients react to Walla Walla General Hospital closure announcement
- Landscaping product business burglarized by two masked men
- Yakima council will revisit public safety ordinance
- Yakima Chamber of Commerce announces 2017 community service award recipient