SEATTLE (AP) -- A woman who calls herself the "Weed Fairy" distributed free nuggets of marijuana to people in Seattle over Memorial Day weekend, taping the free pot on fliers around a city neighborhood.
The woman, 23-year-old Yeni Sleidi, says does it to amuse people and to give them a break from everyday stress.
The New York City woman says the idea came to her during the government shutdown when many of her friends were stressed. Her fliers said "these are tough times. Take this weed. & keep your spirits high."
Sleidi said she felt comfortable attaching her name to her deeds in Seattle because recreational marijuana has been legalized in Washington state.
- Montana man identified as Las Vegas Strip shooting victim
- Inmate dies at Idaho maximum security prison
- Fire destroys apple packing plant in central Washington
- Discrimination lawsuit filed by former firefighter settled
- Seattle plant failure dumps millions of gallons of sewage
- Colorado weighs strategy for guarding against pot crackdown