SEATTLE (AP) -- A woman who calls herself the "Weed Fairy" distributed free nuggets of marijuana to people in Seattle over Memorial Day weekend, taping the free pot on fliers around a city neighborhood.
The woman, 23-year-old Yeni Sleidi, says does it to amuse people and to give them a break from everyday stress.
The New York City woman says the idea came to her during the government shutdown when many of her friends were stressed. Her fliers said "these are tough times. Take this weed. & keep your spirits high."
Sleidi said she felt comfortable attaching her name to her deeds in Seattle because recreational marijuana has been legalized in Washington state.
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to assaulting passenger on flight
- Prosser school bus driver facing backlash for religious signs
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds