SEATTLE (AP) -- A woman who calls herself the "Weed Fairy" distributed free nuggets of marijuana to people in Seattle over Memorial Day weekend, taping the free pot on fliers around a city neighborhood.
The woman, 23-year-old Yeni Sleidi, says does it to amuse people and to give them a break from everyday stress.
The New York City woman says the idea came to her during the government shutdown when many of her friends were stressed. Her fliers said "these are tough times. Take this weed. & keep your spirits high."
Sleidi said she felt comfortable attaching her name to her deeds in Seattle because recreational marijuana has been legalized in Washington state.
- Yakama Nation's fuel tax exemption sought by state
- Yakima's end of Ramadan celebration
- Hit-and-run sends Wapato man to hospital
- Domestic Violence Services seeks air mattress donations
- Walla Walla General Hospital breaks its silence following closure announcement
- State responds to letter from West Richland regarding pot shop location