The future of marijuana businesses in West Richland is up for consideration.
Right now the city has a moratorium on marijuana in place but that is set to expire on October 1st.
There will be a public hearing on September 9th to decide the next step.
The city council is either going to allow the moratorium to expire, amend the city's zoning regulations to allow recreational marijuana, or ban the sales and production.
The hearing is scheduled to start at 6 o'clock and then right after that the council will vote on those three options.
- Lawmakers react to GOP healthcare plan before the Senate
- Richland police arrest suspected child molester
- Are flying cars the next big thing in transport?
- Fireworks cause brush fire, destroying Hermiston duplex
- Richland fireworks volunteers hoping to give back with proceeds
- Selah fire grows to at least 2,800 acres