From the Benton County Sheriff's Office-
On June 5th the Sheriff’s Office responded to a report of an intoxicated and naked male floating and swimming down the Yakima River near the Van Giesen Bridge and yelling for help. West Richland officers located the naked man on the shoreline. A 26 year old West Richland man was subsequently arrested for Disorderly Conduct and was obviously under the influence of alcohol.
The Sheriff’s Office would like to remind the public of the potential dangers of swimming or floating the river while under the influence of alcohol.
- Fire officials urge public to use caution when burning outdoors
- Ride Transit Month: Environmental benefits
- Crews battle fire on I-82 East outside of Prosser
- Multiple injuries in 2 vehicle collision on Clearwater
- Arizona prosecutor wants jail time for Vikings WR Floyd
- Crime Stoppers searching for Yakima County burglary suspect