The Umatilla County Sheriff is coming to Weston, Oregon.
The city council voted unanimously last night to approve the contract with the sheriff's department for police coverage beginning September 1st.
The city will pay the county more than $343,000 dollars for services through June 30, 2017 for a full-time deputy to be based in Weston.
Weston has been without a police force for six months, after the last officer left for a police job elsewhere.
The city went through the process to find qualified officers, however candidates either withdrew at the last minute or lacked police certification.
- Lineup ready for Yakima's Apple Jam talent search
- Burning of garbage cause of West Valley fire
- Camp Hope in Yakima sticking around until possibly November
- Funding for Yakima downtown plaza once again a problem
- Healthcare providers bracing for hospital closure in Walla Walla
- Wapato public swimming pool set to open for summer