The Umatilla County Sheriff is coming to Weston, Oregon.
The city council voted unanimously last night to approve the contract with the sheriff's department for police coverage beginning September 1st.
The city will pay the county more than $343,000 dollars for services through June 30, 2017 for a full-time deputy to be based in Weston.
Weston has been without a police force for six months, after the last officer left for a police job elsewhere.
The city went through the process to find qualified officers, however candidates either withdrew at the last minute or lacked police certification.
- Mexican companies express interest in building border wall
- Teens wearing leggings barred from United flight
- Montana man identified as Las Vegas Strip shooting victim
- Inmate dies at Idaho maximum security prison
- Fire destroys apple packing plant in central Washington
- Discrimination lawsuit filed by former firefighter settled