WALLA WALLA - Whitman College Professor Paul Apostolidis received the Southeast Washington Association of School Administrators Community Leadership award June 12 at the organization's annual banquet in Richland. Apostolidis is professor and T. Paul Chair of Political Science at Whitman College. Superintendent Mick Miller recommended Apostolidis for this award based on his coordination of the community-based research program "The State of the State for Washington Latinos."
Whitman College students conduct a semester-long program of public outreach to bring the research findings and recommendations to policy makers, organization leaders and the public at large. Apostolidis has been on faculty at Whitman College for 17 years. Since Apostolis founded "The State of the State for Washington Latinos in 2005, the program has yielded 65 separate studies.
Apostolidis was raised in Rosemont, Pennsylvania, in the suburbs of Philadelphia. He graduated with a Politics major from Princeton University in 1986. He later received his Master of Arts and Ph.D. in Government from Cornell University in 1993 and 1996, respectively.
- 'It tears me up:' Trophy shop immortalizes fallen soldiers
- Authorities search for man lost in the Yakima River
- Fire officials urge public to use caution when burning outdoors
- Ride Transit Month: Environmental benefits
- Crews battle fire on I-82 East outside of Prosser
- Multiple injuries in 2 vehicle collision on Clearwater