A wildfire north of Selah is burning out of control and has already caused several homeowners to evacuate.
The five-alarm fire, called the Cottonwood Fire, started shortly after 11 a.m. near Sheep Company Road and Old Durr Road.
The fire grew to about 6,000 acres and has already destroyed two structures -- no injuries have been reported.
The wildfire is believed to have been started at the shooting range -- it is ten percent contained.
- Two police officers promoted in ceremony in West Richland
- Uber driver waits for Pasco city approval
- UPDATE: Community debates Prosser SD staff's actions
- Yakima city leaders still working on an "inclusive public safety ordinance'
- Resident's worried but not shocked as police continue to investigate alleged assault on Greenway
- Winter recreation continues, but Sno-Parks are reducing services