A wildfire north of Selah is burning out of control and has already caused several homeowners to evacuate.
The five-alarm fire, called the Cottonwood Fire, started shortly after 11 a.m. near Sheep Company Road and Old Durr Road.
The fire grew to about 6,000 acres and has already destroyed two structures -- no injuries have been reported.
The wildfire is believed to have been started at the shooting range -- it is ten percent contained.
- Lightning strikes Richland home, burns entire top floor
- Petition against cannabis shop gains traction
- Washington hosting 100 community fireworks displays on 4th of July
- Firework stands open up on tribal land
- Authorities warning swimmers after man was swept away in Yakima River
- Man fatally shot by Kent police during pursuit identified