A 31-year old woman was arrested today by Oregon State Police (OSP) after allegedly stealing a relative's car and then attempting to elude troopers before spike strips were deployed, safely bringing the incident to an end in Pendleton.
Around 11:30 a.m. today, OSP received information that a 2006 Chevrolet Impala was stolen from the Hermiston area by 31-year-old Amber Copenhaver of Echo. The suspect is a relative of the car's owner.
After OSP spotted the stolen car, the suspect attempted to elude at high speeds eastbound on Interstate 84 approaching Pendleton. At approximately 12:22 p.m., OSP successfully deployed spike strips and the suspect stopped the car near milepost 205. She was taken into custody without further incident.
Copenhaver was lodged in the Umatilla County Jail on the following charges:
* Felony Attempt to Elude in a Vehicle
* Unauthorized Use of a Motor Vehicle
* Reckless Driving
* Recklessly Endangering Another Person
- Controversial Prosser librarian speaks out on immigration at local town hall
- St. Paul school in Yakima may soon relocate
- Former manager of the closed Black Angus is getting a new chance
- Tri-Tech students compete in Welding Wars
- Bob Hall Dealership's ‘Change is Good' campaign funding kid's ideas
- Brown scores major wins for Tri-Cities in Senate capital budget