A 31-year old woman was arrested today by Oregon State Police (OSP) after allegedly stealing a relative's car and then attempting to elude troopers before spike strips were deployed, safely bringing the incident to an end in Pendleton.
Around 11:30 a.m. today, OSP received information that a 2006 Chevrolet Impala was stolen from the Hermiston area by 31-year-old Amber Copenhaver of Echo. The suspect is a relative of the car's owner.
After OSP spotted the stolen car, the suspect attempted to elude at high speeds eastbound on Interstate 84 approaching Pendleton. At approximately 12:22 p.m., OSP successfully deployed spike strips and the suspect stopped the car near milepost 205. She was taken into custody without further incident.
Copenhaver was lodged in the Umatilla County Jail on the following charges:
* Felony Attempt to Elude in a Vehicle
* Unauthorized Use of a Motor Vehicle
* Reckless Driving
* Recklessly Endangering Another Person
- Community scared after recent violence in Yakima
- Goats return to manage levee vegetation along Mill Creek
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Thrift store and non-profit continues fight against homelessness
- Police arrest suspect in murder of 14-year-old boy
- Man charged with assaulting 7-week-old daughter