From the Kennewick PD-
Summary of Incident: On 02-10-14 at approximately 2015 hours Maria Esquivel entered into the Barnes and Noble, which is located in the Columbia Center Mall, and selected fifty audio books and placed them into three Barnes and Noble's bags that she brought into the store with her. Esquivel exited the store and set of the security system and left the area. The audio books were valued at $1245.73. Esquivel was then later contacted at about 2135 hours at the Hastings store in Richland. Esquivel was attempting to sell the stolen merchandise to Hastings. Hastings employees stalled Esquivel until Richland PD arrived and took Esquivel into custody. Esquivel was booked for Trafficking Stolen Property in the 1st.
- Local youth refugee performance works to inspire positive change
- Community rallies behind Meals on Wheels
- Store owners on high alert due to shoplifting spike in Kennewick
- Wildlife, forestry groups presenting in Yakima for 4-day convention
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome