A 62-year-old pedestrian struck by a vehicle around 6:30 last night at the intersection of Lee and Stevens in Richland has died.
The Benton County Coroners office confirms that Margaret Carraher died due to injuries she suffered at Kadlec Regional Medical Center, where she was taken after the accident.
Police are still investigating, but do tell us that Carraher, who was wearing dark clothing, was not in the crosswalk at the time she was hit.
- Firework stands open up on tribal land
- Authorities warning swimmers after man was swept away in Yakima River
- Man fatally shot by Kent police during pursuit identified
- Credit card skimmers on the rise in grocery stores
- Veterans benefiting from free community acupuncture
- Wildfires in central Washington cover more than 6,000 acres