Kennewick Police are investigating a fatal pedestrian accident in Kennewick.
The accident happened around 4 p.m. near the intersection of Ely and 27th.
Police say the victim, a 52-year-old Nina Howard, died at the scene after being struck by a car.
She was not in the crosswalk, but police remind us that it is every driver's responsibility to yield to any pedestrian, even if they're not in a crosswalk. Speed is believed to be a factor.
Howard's remains were taken from the scene by the coroner's office.
After questioning the driver, investigators consulted with Benton County Prosecuting Attorney Andy Miller who authorized that the driver of the vehicle, 46 year old Michael Johnson of Kennewick to be booked into the Benton County Jail on a 72 hr Incarceration Hold for Vehicular Homicide.
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds
- Upgrade your posters for a fresh look
- Trial of 2 Spokane psychologists over CIA torture pushed to Sept.
- Man charged with felony assault over missing cigarette
- Woman wanted by authorities for escape from community custody