Kennewick Police are investigating a fatal pedestrian accident in Kennewick.
The accident happened around 4 p.m. near the intersection of Ely and 27th.
Police say the victim, a 52-year-old Nina Howard, died at the scene after being struck by a car.
She was not in the crosswalk, but police remind us that it is every driver's responsibility to yield to any pedestrian, even if they're not in a crosswalk. Speed is believed to be a factor.
Howard's remains were taken from the scene by the coroner's office.
After questioning the driver, investigators consulted with Benton County Prosecuting Attorney Andy Miller who authorized that the driver of the vehicle, 46 year old Michael Johnson of Kennewick to be booked into the Benton County Jail on a 72 hr Incarceration Hold for Vehicular Homicide.
- State lawmakers pull all-nighter to try to reach budget deal, avert government shutdown
- Elderly woman found dead floating in pool
- Three juveniles crash car after robbing market at gunpoint
- Lightning strikes Richland home, burns entire top floor
- Petition against cannabis shop gains traction
- Washington hosting 100 community fireworks displays on 4th of July