From the Yakima County Sheriff's Office:
This afternoon at approx.. 1:30pm, a 34 year old Tieton area female was injured while working in an orchard near Schrader Rd., located North of Tieton.
She was working from a motorized platform, several feet above the ground, when it tipped over.
The fall injured her arm and shoulder area. She was transported to a local hospital for treatment.
Two other subjects were also on the platform, but they were not injured. It appears that the equipment tipped over due to the uneven ground and a degree of slope.
This accident will be forwarded to the Dept. of Labor and Industries for review.
- Local youth refugee performance works to inspire positive change
- Community rallies behind Meals on Wheels
- Store owners on high alert due to shoplifting spike in Kennewick
- Wildlife, forestry groups presenting in Yakima for 4-day convention
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome