A woman riding in the passenger seat of a car going 70mph opened the door and jumped out.
According to Washington State Patrol, the woman and a male driver were discussing getting the woman help because she has struggled with mental health issues and then she decided to get out of the car on I-82.
The woman is being treated at Kadlec Regional Medical Center for road rash and being evaluated for mental health.
- Residents lose everything in apartment fire over the weekend
- 'It tears me up:' Trophy shop immortalizes fallen soldiers
- Authorities search for man lost in the Yakima River
- Fire officials urge public to use caution when burning outdoors
- Ride Transit Month: Environmental benefits
- Crews battle fire on I-82 East outside of Prosser