A Washington River Protection Solutions employee reports symptoms potentially related to chemical vapors inside SY tank farm today.
He and the other worker inside the farm at the time of the event got out of the area.
The worker who experienced symptoms was sent to the Hanford medical provider for evaluation and later released to return to work.
The second worker, who did not experience symptoms, was offered medical evaluation but declined.
Access to SY farm remains restricted pending sampling results.
Dozens of employees have been treated for possible vapor exposure over the last several months.
- Local youth refugee performance works to inspire positive change
- Community rallies behind Meals on Wheels
- Store owners on high alert due to shoplifting spike in Kennewick
- Wildlife, forestry groups presenting in Yakima for 4-day convention
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome