Washington State Patrol is now assisting Yakima police in an officer involved shooting investigation last week.
The state patrol's crime lab is examining evidence from the car wash on East Nob Hill where officer Casey Gilette shot Rocendo Arias last week -- after he was found holding a gun in his hand.
Arias died from the gunshot wound, the gun was later determined to be a replica.
Gilette has been placed on paid administrative leave while the investigation continues.
- Afghan troops withdraw from key area in fight with Taliban
- Khalid Masood: What we know about the London attacker
- High school students get glimpse into future careers
- Ducks end Michigan's run with 69-68 victory, head to Elite 8
- CBC officials work to promote healthy studying, combatting drug usage
- Washington state operating budget proposal may cut homeless funding