Washington State Patrol is now assisting Yakima police in an officer involved shooting investigation last week.
The state patrol's crime lab is examining evidence from the car wash on East Nob Hill where officer Casey Gilette shot Rocendo Arias last week -- after he was found holding a gun in his hand.
Arias died from the gunshot wound, the gun was later determined to be a replica.
Gilette has been placed on paid administrative leave while the investigation continues.
- Funding for Yakima downtown plaza once again a problem
- Healthcare providers bracing for hospital closure in Walla Walla
- Wapato public swimming pool set to open for summer
- Pasco officer donates car seats to vehicle theft victims
- Oregon joins states where roadkill can be harvested for food
- Energy Northwest awarded for commitment to hiring veterans