SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) -- Washington State University is one of 55 colleges that the Education Department has identified as currently facing a Title IX investigation over the handling of sexual abuse complaints.
The Pullman-based university was named Thursday, as was the University of Idaho in neighboring Moscow.
Washington State officials say that in January of 2013 they received notice from the U.S. Department of Education Office of Civil Rights that OCR had received a complaint alleging the university failed to adequately respond to allegations of sexual harassment. That included incidents of sexual assault.
Details of the complaint were not immediately available.
Officials for Washington State say there has been no finding of any wrongdoing on the part of the school.
- Judge orders Exxon to hand over climate change documents
- KSD votes 3-2 to keep speaker Brad Henning
- American Cancer Society concerned with new health care legislation
- Returning property owners not convinced Mother Nature is to blame for recent flooding
- Yakima council presents draft of ‘inclusive public safety ordinance'
- Yakima council votes against raising car tab fees