SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) -- Washington State University is one of 55 colleges that the Education Department has identified as currently facing a Title IX investigation over the handling of sexual abuse complaints.
The Pullman-based university was named Thursday, as was the University of Idaho in neighboring Moscow.
Washington State officials say that in January of 2013 they received notice from the U.S. Department of Education Office of Civil Rights that OCR had received a complaint alleging the university failed to adequately respond to allegations of sexual harassment. That included incidents of sexual assault.
Details of the complaint were not immediately available.
Officials for Washington State say there has been no finding of any wrongdoing on the part of the school.
- Funding for Yakima downtown plaza once again a problem
- Healthcare providers bracing for hospital closure in Walla Walla
- Wapato public swimming pool set to open for summer
- Pasco officer donates car seats to vehicle theft victims
- Oregon joins states where roadkill can be harvested for food
- Energy Northwest awarded for commitment to hiring veterans