It is the 159th anniversary of the treaty signing that created the current land for Yakama Nation.
Governor Jay Inslee was the honorary grand marshall for the Treaty Day parade that started this morning at the Yakama agency campus.
Thousands of people lined the streets to see the parade that included flag bearers, horses, classic cars and even a float honoring the Super Bowl champs.
Celebrations will continue throughout the weekend which will include a pow wow, rodeo and another parade.
June 9th is the day of the treaty signing and to commemorate this time all Yakama Nation businesses will be closed Monday.
- Returning property owners not convinced Mother Nature is to blame for recent flooding
- Yakima council presents draft of ‘inclusive public safety ordinance'
- Yakima council votes against raising car tab fees
- Richland extends Benton County jail contract
- First eating disorder treatment program begins in Kennewick
- Jury hears interview with defendant during retrial for former police officer accused of rape