It is the 159th anniversary of the treaty signing that created the current land for Yakama Nation.
Governor Jay Inslee was the honorary grand marshall for the Treaty Day parade that started this morning at the Yakama agency campus.
Thousands of people lined the streets to see the parade that included flag bearers, horses, classic cars and even a float honoring the Super Bowl champs.
Celebrations will continue throughout the weekend which will include a pow wow, rodeo and another parade.
June 9th is the day of the treaty signing and to commemorate this time all Yakama Nation businesses will be closed Monday.
- Bud Clary Toyota of Yakima supports student attendance with bicycle give away
- Pilot escapes plane crash unharmed
- UK Parliament hit by cyberattack
- Early morning Tanglewood Apartment fire displaces multiple families
- Pasco Fire & Rescue train for distressed swimmer rescue
- First cannabis-infused massage studio opens in the Tri-Cities