The Yakima City Council approves an exemption to a ban on pit bulls in the city.
The council voted 5-2 last night to amend the current city code, which will allows the breed to be used as service animals.
The approval is in cooperation with city attorneys, who say the current ban violated the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Pit bulls being used as service dogs must be registered with the city, kept on a leash and muzzle when out in public, and must be in a locked in areas at their owner's homes.
- Accidental shooting at child's party leaves 1 man hurt
- Woman dies in highway crash in Yakima
- Man shot by deputy in Burien was carrying pen, not knife
- Lawsuit filed following police shooting in Washington state
- 5 year old girl found unconscious in pool
- Ex-boyfriend kills new boyfriend and then himself