Yakima law enforcement helps a local robbery victim recover his stolen items. The release from law enforcement is below.
In the early hours of 04-18-14 a West Valley resident had his shop burglarized with numerous items taken. The resident took it upon himself and located one of his stolen items on Craig’s List and called the Yakima County Sheriff’s Office. A deputy went to that business that had bought the item on Craig’s List earlier. The business, returned the item to the victim and the business was able to give a good description of the suspect and ultimately positively identifying him.
Based on the information given to Sheriff’s Deputies, they went to another location in the west valley area where they caught the suspect and served a search warrant at the suspect’s house and recovered most of the victim’s property. The search warrant also revealed the recovery of items stolen in another West Valley burglary. The suspect was booked into the Yakima County Jail on felony charges of Possession of Stolen Property 1st Degree and Trafficking Stolen Property in the 1st Degree.
- Displaced and desperate: 'I will never go back to Marawi'
- Neighboring houses catch fire in Pasco
- Woman's body found on park trail in Everett
- Store clerks and customers disarm robber, hold suspect down until police arrive
- Accidental shooting at child's party leaves 1 man hurt
- Woman dies in highway crash in Yakima