Yakima Brewing Company's Taproom on the Ave. is now open for business - highlighting locally brewed beer.
The company has a much smaller taproom that is next to their brewery on River. Owner Jeff Winn says they bounced ideas off of other local wineries that try to cater to their customers in the same way. The downtown taproom sits at the bottom of the historic Larson Building on Yakima Avenue. Winn says the desire for a taproom downtown has been on his mind but he waited for the ideal location,
"This is right in the heart of it. The larson building in my mind is the definition of downtown for Yakima. 1934 art deco building there's nothing else like it in this town and it's right on the Ave, the busiest area. Between First and Second.. it's perfect," said Jeff Winn
The taproom will also serve food, something ther original location does not offer.
Winn says the hours of operation will be Monday through Saturday-- 3 p.m. until 10-ish....basically until the regulars go home.
- Walla Walla General Hospital breaks its silence following closure announcement
- State responds to letter from West Richland regarding pot shop location
- Trios Health offers fraud protection over patient data breach
- Northwest Food n Brew with Mike Gonzalez debuts Saturday on KAPP/KVEW
- Washington seeks to overturn tribe's fuel tax exemption
- Failure to yield causes rollover accident