YAKIMA, Wash. - The City of Yakima is marking its first official Indigenous Peoples’ Day today, Monday, October 9th.
During its regular business meeting on November 1st, 2016, the Yakima City Council approved a resolution declaring the second Monday in October as Indigenous Peoples’ Day in Yakima.
“The City of Yakima encourages all citizens to reflect upon the ongoing struggles of Indigenous People on this land, and to celebrate the thriving culture and value that Indigenous People add to our city,” Mayor Kathy Coffey
'I am...fashionable to hate': Immigrant moves crowd at local Islamic Center
Gesa Credit Union placed on lockdown after teller was robbed
- Gesa Credit Union placed on lockdown after teller was robbed
- Body of former Hermiston resident found in canal
- Partridge Family star David Cassidy "surrounded by family" in hospital
- Honda recalling 900,000 Odyssey minivans, seats may tip forward
- Richland community members hold early morning Bombers football send off to playoffs