The Yakima City Council is meeting tonight to discuss several project funding options.
The first is whether or not to proceed with a multimillion dollar revitalization plan for North First Street -- that includes expanding the sidewalks, and adding vegetation, at the cost of reducing the size of the roadway.
The second topic includes approving an application by the Union Gospel Mission to apply for a $1.5 million federal loan.
The money would go towards expanding the shelter's housing and medical center.
- Former manager of the closed Black Angus is getting a new chance
- Tri-Tech students compete in Welding Wars
- Bob Hall Dealership's ‘Change is Good' campaign funding kid's ideas
- Brown scores major wins for Tri-Cities in Senate capital budget
- 3 young children, 2 adults injured in wrong way collision on I-82
- Portland police detain people in downtown protest