The Yakima City Council is meeting tonight to discuss several project funding options.
The first is whether or not to proceed with a multimillion dollar revitalization plan for North First Street -- that includes expanding the sidewalks, and adding vegetation, at the cost of reducing the size of the roadway.
The second topic includes approving an application by the Union Gospel Mission to apply for a $1.5 million federal loan.
The money would go towards expanding the shelter's housing and medical center.
- Washington hosting 100 community fireworks displays on 4th of July
- Firework stands open up on tribal land
- Authorities warning swimmers after man was swept away in Yakima River
- Man fatally shot by Kent police during pursuit identified
- Credit card skimmers on the rise in grocery stores
- Veterans benefiting from free community acupuncture