The Yakima City Council will be asked to lower utility taxes during tonight's meeting.
Council member Rick Ensey proposed reducing the rate from 6% to 3%, saying the economy has now turned around, and would like to give some of that money back to taxpayers.
The reduction would leave an $800,000 hole, which Ensey says can be taken from the general fund.
The city council previously raised the tax rate from 3% to 6% back in 2011.
- Are flying cars the next big thing in transport?
- Fireworks cause brush fire, destroying Hermiston duplex
- Richland fireworks volunteers hoping to give back with proceeds
- Evacuation orders in place for Selah fire
- Police looking to arrest meth possession, delivery suspect
- Crews intensify search for missing Union Gap woman