The Yakima City Council will be asked to lower utility taxes during tonight's meeting.
Council member Rick Ensey proposed reducing the rate from 6% to 3%, saying the economy has now turned around, and would like to give some of that money back to taxpayers.
The reduction would leave an $800,000 hole, which Ensey says can be taken from the general fund.
The city council previously raised the tax rate from 3% to 6% back in 2011.
- Returning property owners not convinced Mother Nature is to blame for recent flooding
- Yakima council presents draft of ‘inclusive public safety ordinance'
- Yakima council votes against raising car tab fees
- Richland extends Benton County jail contract
- First eating disorder treatment program begins in Kennewick
- Jury hears interview with defendant during retrial for former police officer accused of rape