The blood alcohol level of a Yakima City Council member was twice the legal limit when she crashed into another vehicle on Sunday.
According to police documents obtained by our media partner, the Yakima Herald-Republic, Carmen Mendez did a breathalyzer test that had four different results, ranging from 0.179 to 0.185.
The legal limit for blood alcohol is 0.08.
Mendez was arrested on the day of the accident, but was released. The Yakima County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office will be evaluating the police report and that case to determine if charges will be filed.
Mendez has declined KVEW's multiple attempts to reach out to her for comment.
- Goats return to manage levee vegetation along Mill Creek
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Thrift store and non-profit continues fight against homelessness
- Police arrest suspect in murder of 14-year-old boy
- Man charged with assaulting 7-week-old daughter
- 10-year-old donates earnings to shooting victim's family