The blood alcohol level of a Yakima City Council member was twice the legal limit when she crashed into another vehicle on Sunday.
According to police documents obtained by our media partner, the Yakima Herald-Republic, Carmen Mendez did a breathalyzer test that had four different results, ranging from 0.179 to 0.185.
The legal limit for blood alcohol is 0.08.
Mendez was arrested on the day of the accident, but was released. The Yakima County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office will be evaluating the police report and that case to determine if charges will be filed.
Mendez has declined KVEW's multiple attempts to reach out to her for comment.
- Bud Clary Toyota of Yakima supports student attendance with bicycle give away
- Pilot escapes plane crash unharmed
- UK Parliament hit by cyberattack
- Early morning Tanglewood Apartment fire displaces multiple families
- Pasco Fire & Rescue train for distressed swimmer rescue
- First cannabis-infused massage studio opens in the Tri-Cities