Crews from the City of Yakima will be removing 80 lighted downtown holiday decorations tomorrow. During the operation, traffic will be restricted at times to a single lane along Yakima Avenue to permit City trucks and equipment access to the decorations, which are hanging above ground on street light and utility poles. The lane restrictions on Yakima Avenue will only affect traffic in the immediate area where crews are working.
The work will begin around 7:30 am along the south side of Yakima Avenue and continue working eastward. Once that work is completed, crews will move to the north side of Yakima Avenue near the Yakima Convention Center and continue west to 1st Street. Removal of the decorations along Yakima Avenue and on side streets between MLK, Jr. Blvd. and Chestnut Avenue is expected to be completed by around 2:30 pm tomorrow.
- Search amplifies in forest west of Naches for 20-year-old missing since Friday
- Amazon Prime Day promo starts night of July 10, now 30 hours
- Modi to become first Indian Prime Minister to visit Israel
- Controversial cannabis shop put on hold
- Tri-Cities Community Health CEO sees no benefits in GOP health care plan
- Kennewick Fire warns fireworks could result in $5,000 fine, jail time