Crews from the City of Yakima will be removing 80 lighted downtown holiday decorations tomorrow. During the operation, traffic will be restricted at times to a single lane along Yakima Avenue to permit City trucks and equipment access to the decorations, which are hanging above ground on street light and utility poles. The lane restrictions on Yakima Avenue will only affect traffic in the immediate area where crews are working.
The work will begin around 7:30 am along the south side of Yakima Avenue and continue working eastward. Once that work is completed, crews will move to the north side of Yakima Avenue near the Yakima Convention Center and continue west to 1st Street. Removal of the decorations along Yakima Avenue and on side streets between MLK, Jr. Blvd. and Chestnut Avenue is expected to be completed by around 2:30 pm tomorrow.
- Mexican companies express interest in building border wall
- Teens wearing leggings barred from United flight
- Montana man identified as Las Vegas Strip shooting victim
- Inmate dies at Idaho maximum security prison
- Fire destroys apple packing plant in central Washington
- Discrimination lawsuit filed by former firefighter settled