The Yakima County Corrections Department is investigating the death of an inmate after his body was found Monday night inside his cell.
Corrections officers found Douglas Kemp with a towel tied around his neck and an upper bunk.
Officers performed CPR until medical staff arrived.
Kemp was transpored to Yakima Regional Hospital where he died hours later.
He was being held on multiple charges that included attempted murder and kidnapping.
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to assaulting passenger on flight
- Prosser school bus driver facing backlash for religious signs
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds