The Yakima County Corrections Department is investigating the death of an inmate after his body was found Monday night inside his cell.
Corrections officers found Douglas Kemp with a towel tied around his neck and an upper bunk.
Officers performed CPR until medical staff arrived.
Kemp was transpored to Yakima Regional Hospital where he died hours later.
He was being held on multiple charges that included attempted murder and kidnapping.
- Store clerks and customers disarm robber, hold suspect down until police arrive
- Accidental shooting at child's party leaves 1 man hurt
- Woman dies in highway crash in Yakima
- Man shot by deputy in Burien was carrying pen, not knife
- Lawsuit filed following police shooting in Washington state
- 5 year old girl found unconscious in pool