Specially trained K-9 groups from Yakima County Search and Rescue are assisting crews in Snohomish County in the on-going search for victims.
One team headed out last night and began in the recovery efforts early this morning and two more teams are en route.
The dogs and their certified handlers specialize in detecting human remains.
The volunteer teams are expected to search the debris field through the weekend.
- Woman dies in highway crash in Yakima
- Man shot by deputy in Burien was carrying pen, not knife
- Lawsuit filed following police shooting in Washington state
- 5 year old girl found unconscious in pool
- Ex-boyfriend kills new boyfriend and then himself
- West Richland residents hold petition signing against new cannabis shop