The Yakima City Council has unanimously chosen Tom Dittmar to fill a vacancy on the Council
created by Sara Bristol’s resignation from the District 2 seat at the end of last year. Dittmar will
be sworn in at the start of the Council’s January 21st business meeting.
He was selected by the Council following interviews of six finalists that took place earlier
Dittmar currently works as an investigator at the Yakima office of the Washington State Department of Labor and Industries and is originally from Yakima.
He will serve the remaining two years of Bristol’s term. Bristol resigned from her District 2 seat on December 31st because she and her family have moved back to her hometown of Grants Pass, Oregon.
- Utah governor says he will approve strictest DUI limit in US
- Protect yourself from fastest growing crime: ID theft
- Authorities apprehend kayaking burglar suspect
- Judge orders Exxon to hand over climate change documents
- KSD votes 3-2 to keep speaker Brad Henning
- American Cancer Society concerned with new health care legislation