The Yakima City Council has unanimously chosen Tom Dittmar to fill a vacancy on the Council
created by Sara Bristol’s resignation from the District 2 seat at the end of last year. Dittmar will
be sworn in at the start of the Council’s January 21st business meeting.
He was selected by the Council following interviews of six finalists that took place earlier
Dittmar currently works as an investigator at the Yakima office of the Washington State Department of Labor and Industries and is originally from Yakima.
He will serve the remaining two years of Bristol’s term. Bristol resigned from her District 2 seat on December 31st because she and her family have moved back to her hometown of Grants Pass, Oregon.
- Swedish hostage released after 6 years
- New non-profit Service Peace Warriors trains service dogs for veterans
- Local business owner helping maintain Yakima's landmark sign
- Residents lose everything in apartment fire over the weekend
- 'It tears me up:' Trophy shop immortalizes fallen soldiers
- Authorities search for man lost in the Yakima River