Yakima County's Proscuting Attorney will not be seeking re-election at the end of the year.
Jim Hagarty made the announcement after local attorney Joseph Brusic announced his candidacy for the position Friday.
Hagarty says he wants to spend more time with his family and travel -- deputy prosecutor Troy Clements is considering running for the position.
Hagarty is the third public official from Yakima County to announce a departure at the end of a term of service -- County Auditor Corky Holloway and Sheriff Ken Irwin made similar announcements earlier this month.
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to assaulting passenger on flight
- Prosser school bus driver facing backlash for religious signs
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds