Yakima County's Proscuting Attorney will not be seeking re-election at the end of the year.
Jim Hagarty made the announcement after local attorney Joseph Brusic announced his candidacy for the position Friday.
Hagarty says he wants to spend more time with his family and travel -- deputy prosecutor Troy Clements is considering running for the position.
Hagarty is the third public official from Yakima County to announce a departure at the end of a term of service -- County Auditor Corky Holloway and Sheriff Ken Irwin made similar announcements earlier this month.
- Store clerks and customers disarm robber, hold suspect down until police arrive
- Accidental shooting at child's party leaves 1 man hurt
- Woman dies in highway crash in Yakima
- Man shot by deputy in Burien was carrying pen, not knife
- Lawsuit filed following police shooting in Washington state
- 5 year old girl found unconscious in pool