Yakima County Sheriff's Deputies recover the body of a deceased person in a pond yesterday.
The area the body was recovered was on the 100 block of Meyers Road, just outside of Toppenish.
Authorities say the body was fully clothed and the gender, nationality or apporoximate age is yet to be determined. There were no obvious signs of foul play.
Indications are that the body had been there for an extended period of time and had become visible due to the receding water level in the pond.
The body has been released to the coroner for an autopsy.
- Airman from Umatilla dies in Syria
- Control your work email to regain control of your life
- Suspects on the loose after home invasion
- Lululemon nosedives 21%: Its spring leggings are boring
- Man in custody following Benton County standoff
- Crews start project to connect people to Columbia Park Trail in South Richland