Yakima County Sheriff's Deputies recover the body of a deceased person in a pond yesterday.
The area the body was recovered was on the 100 block of Meyers Road, just outside of Toppenish.
Authorities say the body was fully clothed and the gender, nationality or apporoximate age is yet to be determined. There were no obvious signs of foul play.
Indications are that the body had been there for an extended period of time and had become visible due to the receding water level in the pond.
The body has been released to the coroner for an autopsy.
- Fire officials urge public to use caution when burning outdoors
- Ride Transit Month: Environmental benefits
- Crews battle fire on I-82 East outside of Prosser
- Multiple injuries in 2 vehicle collision on Clearwater
- Arizona prosecutor wants jail time for Vikings WR Floyd
- Crime Stoppers searching for Yakima County burglary suspect