The Diocese of Yakima is mourning the passing of Reverend Monsignor Desmond Dillon.
The senior priest of the diocese in residence at St. Joseph Parish in Kennewick died this morning at the age of 99 following a brief illness, he was 99.
The vigil service for Msgr. Dillon will be Sunday, May 18 at 7 p.m. at St. Joseph Catholic Church, 520 S. Garfield St. in Kennewick, with a viewing of the body beginning at 5 p.m. The funeral Mass will be Monday, May 19, at 11 a.m. at St. Joseph, with the Most Rev. Joseph J. Tyson, Bishop of Yakima, presiding. Following cremation, the committal service will take place at a later time at the parish columbarium.
- Walla Walla University aviation program celebrates 50 years
- Walla Walla homeless camp relocating
- Seattle Beer Week featuring its first Yakima Valley beer
- ‘Beauty and the Beast' on its final week at Davis High
- Yakima community fears wearing specific colors after recent homicide
- Central Washington University grad to compete in Miss USA competition