The Diocese of Yakima is mourning the passing of Reverend Monsignor Desmond Dillon.
The senior priest of the diocese in residence at St. Joseph Parish in Kennewick died this morning at the age of 99 following a brief illness, he was 99.
The vigil service for Msgr. Dillon will be Sunday, May 18 at 7 p.m. at St. Joseph Catholic Church, 520 S. Garfield St. in Kennewick, with a viewing of the body beginning at 5 p.m. The funeral Mass will be Monday, May 19, at 11 a.m. at St. Joseph, with the Most Rev. Joseph J. Tyson, Bishop of Yakima, presiding. Following cremation, the committal service will take place at a later time at the parish columbarium.
- Richland extends Benton County jail contract
- First eating disorder treatment program begins in Kennewick
- Jury hears interview with defendant during retrial for former police officer accused of rape
- 4 arrested after Walmart shoplifting in Pasco
- Officials warn increased wood debris to float down lower Columbia River
- Evidence builds as witnesses testify in Beckford murder trial