The Diocese of Yakima is mourning the passing of Reverend Monsignor Desmond Dillon.
The senior priest of the diocese in residence at St. Joseph Parish in Kennewick died this morning at the age of 99 following a brief illness, he was 99.
The vigil service for Msgr. Dillon will be Sunday, May 18 at 7 p.m. at St. Joseph Catholic Church, 520 S. Garfield St. in Kennewick, with a viewing of the body beginning at 5 p.m. The funeral Mass will be Monday, May 19, at 11 a.m. at St. Joseph, with the Most Rev. Joseph J. Tyson, Bishop of Yakima, presiding. Following cremation, the committal service will take place at a later time at the parish columbarium.
- Bud Clary Toyota of Yakima supports student attendance with bicycle give away
- Pilot escapes plane crash unharmed
- UK Parliament hit by cyberattack
- Early morning Tanglewood Apartment fire displaces multiple families
- Pasco Fire & Rescue train for distressed swimmer rescue
- First cannabis-infused massage studio opens in the Tri-Cities