The Diocese of Yakima is settling two lawsuits accusing clergy members of sexual abuse of children.
Two victims claimed they were abused by staff members, who are no longer a part of the church, when they were younger.
One settlement will pay Michelle Duerre $40,000, and an unnamed victim $75,000.
Bishop Joseph Tyson says he will be sending a letter of apology to the victims and inviting them to meet with him individually.
- Accidental shooting at child's party leaves 1 man hurt
- Woman dies in highway crash in Yakima
- Man shot by deputy in Burien was carrying pen, not knife
- Lawsuit filed following police shooting in Washington state
- 5 year old girl found unconscious in pool
- Ex-boyfriend kills new boyfriend and then himself