The Diocese of Yakima is settling two lawsuits accusing clergy members of sexual abuse of children.
Two victims claimed they were abused by staff members, who are no longer a part of the church, when they were younger.
One settlement will pay Michelle Duerre $40,000, and an unnamed victim $75,000.
Bishop Joseph Tyson says he will be sending a letter of apology to the victims and inviting them to meet with him individually.
- Richland extends Benton County jail contract
- First eating disorder treatment program begins in Kennewick
- Jury hears interview with defendant during retrial for former police officer accused of rape
- 4 arrested after Walmart shoplifting in Pasco
- Officials warn increased wood debris to float down lower Columbia River
- Evidence builds as witnesses testify in Beckford murder trial