A federal judge Thursday ruled that the Diocese of Yakima and Resurrection Parish were not liable for the sexual abuse of a 17-year-old boy at the Zillah parish in 1999.
Judge Edward Shea ruled that while it was clear the plaintiff, "John Doe," was abused by former Deacon Aaron Ramirez, attorneys for the plaintiff failed to prove the Diocese or Parish bore responsibility. Shea presided over a seven-day trial in March, and heard closing arguments in the case April 20.
- Teacher accused of having sex with student heads to trial
- Police kill machete-wielding man in Des Moines
- Police ask for help to locate missing 76-year-old Yakima man
- Oregon Senate approves raising legal tobacco age to 21
- Tri-Cities Craft Beer Festival coming to Kennewick on Apr. 29
- Walla Walla homeless camp to move to Fort Walla Walla park