A federal judge Thursday ruled that the Diocese of Yakima and Resurrection Parish were not liable for the sexual abuse of a 17-year-old boy at the Zillah parish in 1999.
Judge Edward Shea ruled that while it was clear the plaintiff, "John Doe," was abused by former Deacon Aaron Ramirez, attorneys for the plaintiff failed to prove the Diocese or Parish bore responsibility. Shea presided over a seven-day trial in March, and heard closing arguments in the case April 20.
- Local youth refugee performance works to inspire positive change
- Community rallies behind Meals on Wheels
- Store owners on high alert due to shoplifting spike in Kennewick
- Wildlife, forestry groups presenting in Yakima for 4-day convention
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome