A federal judge Thursday ruled that the Diocese of Yakima and Resurrection Parish were not liable for the sexual abuse of a 17-year-old boy at the Zillah parish in 1999.
Judge Edward Shea ruled that while it was clear the plaintiff, "John Doe," was abused by former Deacon Aaron Ramirez, attorneys for the plaintiff failed to prove the Diocese or Parish bore responsibility. Shea presided over a seven-day trial in March, and heard closing arguments in the case April 20.
- Bud Clary Toyota of Yakima supports student attendance with bicycle give away
- Pilot escapes plane crash unharmed
- UK Parliament hit by cyberattack
- Early morning Tanglewood Apartment fire displaces multiple families
- Pasco Fire & Rescue train for distressed swimmer rescue
- First cannabis-infused massage studio opens in the Tri-Cities