The Yakima County 9-1-1 center is moving to Union Gap.
The City of Yakima and the county agreed to begin moving the dispatch next month to help accomodate services and possibly add other agencies, such as the County Sheriff and County Fire dispatchers.
Dispatchers will be moved into a county-owned building, which will be upgraded at the cost of about $4.4 million. The current call center is located on South Third Street.
- Montana man identified as Las Vegas Strip shooting victim
- Inmate dies at Idaho maximum security prison
- Fire destroys apple packing plant in central Washington
- Discrimination lawsuit filed by former firefighter settled
- Seattle plant failure dumps millions of gallons of sewage
- Colorado weighs strategy for guarding against pot crackdown