The Yakima County 9-1-1 center is moving to Union Gap.
The City of Yakima and the county agreed to begin moving the dispatch next month to help accomodate services and possibly add other agencies, such as the County Sheriff and County Fire dispatchers.
Dispatchers will be moved into a county-owned building, which will be upgraded at the cost of about $4.4 million. The current call center is located on South Third Street.
- Tri-Cities Craft Beer Festival this weekend
- BMCC seeks new men's head basketball coach
- Richland homeowners still waiting to file insurance claims after flooding
- New homeless men's facility kicks off in Pasco
- Family of the 14-year-old shot and killed in Yakima mourning his death
- Richland Public Library helps to expand STEAM education