The Yakima County 9-1-1 center is moving to Union Gap.
The City of Yakima and the county agreed to begin moving the dispatch next month to help accomodate services and possibly add other agencies, such as the County Sheriff and County Fire dispatchers.
Dispatchers will be moved into a county-owned building, which will be upgraded at the cost of about $4.4 million. The current call center is located on South Third Street.
- Accidental shooting at child's party leaves 1 man hurt
- Woman dies in highway crash in Yakima
- Man shot by deputy in Burien was carrying pen, not knife
- Lawsuit filed following police shooting in Washington state
- 5 year old girl found unconscious in pool
- Ex-boyfriend kills new boyfriend and then himself