YAKIMA, Wash. - In Yakima, a donut shop was victim of an attempted robbery Thursday morning.
Police said around midnight a masked and armed man and woman went inside Don's Donuts on Nob Hill Boulevard and Pleasant Avenue, after the baker left the back door open because he was waiting for another employee to get in.
That’s when two people came in, pointed a gun and demanded that he gave them money.
But because the store was closed and there was no money the man and woman ran away.
The owner grateful nothing went bad.
"Of course glad that nothing was taken but mostly glad that our baker and nobody was hurt,” said owner Julie Wade.
Anyone with information should contact the Yakima police department.
- Media outlets participate in Northwest Harvest "Carve Out Hunger"
- Camp Hope considering new winter shelter locations
- Message in a bottle tossed into ocean found 29 years later
- Pasco sees decrease in criminal mischief in multi-family buildings
- Kennewick police officer retires after 30+ years of service