The Yakima City Council is expected tonight to approve an insurance settlement of $250,000 with the family of a man killed by a driver fleeing police in a stolen pickup truck.
The payment would resolve the claim from the family of 29-year-old Pascual Ayala who was killed in 2010 along with his girlfriend, Marina Barajas.
The fleeing driver responsible for the crash, Shaun Kollman, was sentenced to 51 years in prison.
If the council says the agreement is acceptable, the city's insurance carrier will pay the full settlement amount -- no taxpayer dollars will be used.
- Lineup ready for Yakima's Apple Jam talent search
- Burning of garbage cause of West Valley fire
- Camp Hope in Yakima sticking around until possibly November
- Funding for Yakima downtown plaza once again a problem
- Healthcare providers bracing for hospital closure in Walla Walla
- Wapato public swimming pool set to open for summer