The Yakima City Council is expected tonight to approve an insurance settlement of $250,000 with the family of a man killed by a driver fleeing police in a stolen pickup truck.
The payment would resolve the claim from the family of 29-year-old Pascual Ayala who was killed in 2010 along with his girlfriend, Marina Barajas.
The fleeing driver responsible for the crash, Shaun Kollman, was sentenced to 51 years in prison.
If the council says the agreement is acceptable, the city's insurance carrier will pay the full settlement amount -- no taxpayer dollars will be used.
- Mexican companies express interest in building border wall
- Teens wearing leggings barred from United flight
- Montana man identified as Las Vegas Strip shooting victim
- Inmate dies at Idaho maximum security prison
- Fire destroys apple packing plant in central Washington
- Discrimination lawsuit filed by former firefighter settled