25 firefighters were called in to battle a house fire in Yakima yesterday morning.
Firefigheters responded to a residence on the 1200 block of South 3rd Avenue to find heavy smoke coming from the eaves and attic vents of the two story home.
Crews aggressively attacked the blaze using chainsaws to create openings to access areas involved in the fire. No one was injured.
The cause appears to be electrical in origin and was caused by overloaded circuits which ignited combustibles in the attic.
- Bag with 2 embryos in jars found outside Greek cemetery
- New charges filed against so-called 'Spokane spanker'
- New law seeks to combat vulnerable adult exploitation, abuse
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested
- Authorities find man's body inside a shed, say its likely a homicide
- Police arrest man accused of watching women while they sleep