Yakima police are conducting an internal investigation after an officer involved shooting this weekend leaves one man dead.
Police say officer Casey Gilette was on routine patrol, when he noticed a car had been parked at a car wash on Nob Hill for more than an hour.
When he approached the car and opened the door, he discovered 23 year old Rocendo Arias carrying a gun with his finger on the trigger -- that's when Gilette fired his gun at Arias, subsequently killing him.
Police later determined the gun was a replica, most likely an airsoft gun.
Gilette is currently on administrative leave while the investigation continues.
- Walla Walla High School Rifle Team Captain Commits to Naval Academy
- Influx in car prowlers hits Tri-Cities
- Yakima City officials speak out in response to recent shooting death
- Scammers use fake Go Fund Me accounts to steal donated money
- Yakima residents concerned about violence after recent shootings
- Deputy revives man lying on sidewalk with no pulse