The Yakima Police Department is warning residents to beware of thieves, posing as medical nurses.
The thieves are targeting elderly residents by posing as representatives of a local doctor’s office. They come to the residence and tell the resident that they are there to evaluate either a piece of medical equipment or the resident themselves. While one of the men occupy the resident the two other men go through the house stealing items.
They seem to be targeting homes in West Yakima. The latest incident took place yesterday.
The Yakima Police Department is asking for the public’s help to identify and arrest these suspects. They are identified as three Hispanic males driving a white S.U.V.
If you have any information on these suspects you are asked to call 911.
- Global cyberattack: What you need to know
- Massive malware attack: Who's been hit
- State lawmakers pull all-nighter to try to reach budget deal, avert government shutdown
- Elderly woman found dead floating in pool
- Three juveniles crash car after robbing market at gunpoint
- Lightning strikes Richland home, burns entire top floor