The Yakima School District Board has accepted Dr. Elaine Beraza's formal notification of retirement effective the end of the 2014-15 school year.
Dr. Beraza is entering her 46th year in education, her sixth with the Yakima School District.
In her letter to the school board, Dr. Beraza states, “I have had the privilege and good fortune to work with a progressive and supportive Board of Directors, a knowledgeable, highly professional, student-centered administrative team, and a dedicated, collaborative group of teachers and staff who have the best interest of students at the top of their agendas. The tremendous level of business and community support in Yakima has been especially meaningful to me."
- Store clerks and customers disarm robber, hold suspect down until police arrive
- Accidental shooting at child's party leaves 1 man hurt
- Woman dies in highway crash in Yakima
- Man shot by deputy in Burien was carrying pen, not knife
- Lawsuit filed following police shooting in Washington state
- 5 year old girl found unconscious in pool