The Yakima School District Board has accepted Dr. Elaine Beraza's formal notification of retirement effective the end of the 2014-15 school year.
Dr. Beraza is entering her 46th year in education, her sixth with the Yakima School District.
In her letter to the school board, Dr. Beraza states, “I have had the privilege and good fortune to work with a progressive and supportive Board of Directors, a knowledgeable, highly professional, student-centered administrative team, and a dedicated, collaborative group of teachers and staff who have the best interest of students at the top of their agendas. The tremendous level of business and community support in Yakima has been especially meaningful to me."
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to assaulting passenger on flight
- Prosser school bus driver facing backlash for religious signs
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds