A Yakima teen is recovering after being hit by a Police Department vehicle.
According to witnesses, the boy was attempting to cross North 6th at Jerome Avenue yesterday when he was struck by Sergeant Mike Henne. Witnesses say the teen ran directly into the path of the vehicle. Sergeant Henne immediately stopped and performed first aid.
The boy was taken to a hospital for treatment. The Police Department continues to investigate.
- Man charged with felony assault over missing cigarette
- Woman wanted by authorities for escape from community custody
- Kennewick police arrest 3 in connection to graffiti amid recent uptick
- The Cash Cow Catch 22
- TSA agent pleads guilty to voyeurism charge
- Drivers have until March 31 to remove studded tires