A Yakima teen is recovering after being hit by a Police Department vehicle.
According to witnesses, the boy was attempting to cross North 6th at Jerome Avenue yesterday when he was struck by Sergeant Mike Henne. Witnesses say the teen ran directly into the path of the vehicle. Sergeant Henne immediately stopped and performed first aid.
The boy was taken to a hospital for treatment. The Police Department continues to investigate.
- Woman dies in highway crash in Yakima
- Man shot by deputy in Burien was carrying pen, not knife
- Lawsuit filed following police shooting in Washington state
- 5 year old girl found unconscious in pool
- Ex-boyfriend kills new boyfriend and then himself
- West Richland residents hold petition signing against new cannabis shop