A Yakima teen is recovering after being hit by a Police Department vehicle.
According to witnesses, the boy was attempting to cross North 6th at Jerome Avenue yesterday when he was struck by Sergeant Mike Henne. Witnesses say the teen ran directly into the path of the vehicle. Sergeant Henne immediately stopped and performed first aid.
The boy was taken to a hospital for treatment. The Police Department continues to investigate.
- Meals on Wheels hosts first ever local fundraiser
- Local youth refugee performance works to inspire positive change
- Community rallies behind Meals on Wheels
- Store owners on high alert due to shoplifting spike in Kennewick
- Wildlife, forestry groups presenting in Yakima for 4-day convention
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding