Fresh new uniforms for the fresh new baseball team in Yakima. The Yakima Valley Pippins unveiled their home, away and alternate uniforms today at the Yakima Valley Museum.
In addition to these three uniforms, a fourth uniform is in development for Spanish heritage, the name and nickname will be in Spanish.
With hats made by New Era, jerseys made by Majestic and Nike warm ups, the pippins front office believes outfitting the team like pros will make these college kids feel a little more like big leaguers.
"These guys are supposed to be professional and humble from top to bottom and ki think that high quality products on the field will help them do that. People who look good always tend to play just a little bit better," said President and Chief Operating Officer Zachary Fraser
The Yakima Valley Pippins are replacing the Yakima Bears who recently left to play in Hillsboro, Oregon. The Pippins inaugural first pitch will be June 6th in a battle of the apples against the Wenatchee Applesox
- Yakama Nation's fuel tax exemption sought by state
- Yakima's end of Ramadan celebration
- Hit-and-run sends Wapato man to hospital
- Domestic Violence Services seeks air mattress donations
- Walla Walla General Hospital breaks its silence following closure announcement
- State responds to letter from West Richland regarding pot shop location