Yakima doesn't have to wait long for its first baby of 2014.
The first baby of 2014 was born at Yakima Valley Memorial Hospital and is Mayah Lou Melendrez, born at 12:40 a.m. on Jan. 1, 2014. She was 8 pounds, 3 ounces. Her parents are Ruben and Marylou Melendrez of Yakima. Congratulations
- Lineup ready for Yakima's Apple Jam talent search
- Burning of garbage cause of West Valley fire
- Camp Hope in Yakima sticking around until possibly November
- Funding for Yakima downtown plaza once again a problem
- Healthcare providers bracing for hospital closure in Walla Walla
- Wapato public swimming pool set to open for summer