YMCA in Yakima has been evacuated this morning. A hazmat team has been sent to the YMCA on Yakima and Naches to clean up a situation where two chemicals were improperly mixed by an employee.
According to officials, the employee mixed two chimicals and mistakingly created a chlorine gas. The employee breathed the fumes a few times before getting out of the building and calling authorities.
The building was evacuated entirely as a precaution. It was reopened a few hours later after hazmat teams removed the chemicals.
- Bud Clary Toyota of Yakima supports student attendance with bicycle give away
- Pilot escapes plane crash unharmed
- UK Parliament hit by cyberattack
- Early morning Tanglewood Apartment fire displaces multiple families
- Pasco Fire & Rescue train for distressed swimmer rescue
- First cannabis-infused massage studio opens in the Tri-Cities