YMCA in Yakima has been evacuated this morning. A hazmat team has been sent to the YMCA on Yakima and Naches to clean up a situation where two chemicals were improperly mixed by an employee.
According to officials, the employee mixed two chimicals and mistakingly created a chlorine gas. The employee breathed the fumes a few times before getting out of the building and calling authorities.
The building was evacuated entirely as a precaution. It was reopened a few hours later after hazmat teams removed the chemicals.
- Yakima council presents draft of ‘inclusive public safety ordinance'
- Yakima council votes against raising car tab fees
- Richland extends Benton County jail contract
- First eating disorder treatment program begins in Kennewick
- Jury hears interview with defendant during retrial for former police officer accused of rape
- 4 arrested after Walmart shoplifting in Pasco