Nearly 280 teams ranging from youth to adults competed in the 21st annual Walla Walla YMCA Peach Basket Classic this weekend.
Designed around the 3-on-3 pick-up style basketball game played in athletic clubs, recreation centers or home driveways, this tournament is one of the largest of its kind in the Pacific Northwest.
Organizers saw about a 6 % increase in the number of team’s participating this year of last year.
Annually, the event draws about 3,000 participants, their families and fans.
On Saturday, several late afternoon and evening games were either delayed or postponed due to lightning. Organizers were forced to reschedule the games on Sunday.
Money raised during the two-day event supports youth outreach programs in the Walla Walla Valley.
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to assaulting passenger on flight
- Prosser school bus driver facing backlash for religious signs
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds