Nearly 280 teams ranging from youth to adults competed in the 21st annual Walla Walla YMCA Peach Basket Classic this weekend.
Designed around the 3-on-3 pick-up style basketball game played in athletic clubs, recreation centers or home driveways, this tournament is one of the largest of its kind in the Pacific Northwest.
Organizers saw about a 6 % increase in the number of team’s participating this year of last year.
Annually, the event draws about 3,000 participants, their families and fans.
On Saturday, several late afternoon and evening games were either delayed or postponed due to lightning. Organizers were forced to reschedule the games on Sunday.
Money raised during the two-day event supports youth outreach programs in the Walla Walla Valley.
- Store clerks and customers disarm robber, hold suspect down until police arrive
- Accidental shooting at child's party leaves 1 man hurt
- Woman dies in highway crash in Yakima
- Man shot by deputy in Burien was carrying pen, not knife
- Lawsuit filed following police shooting in Washington state
- 5 year old girl found unconscious in pool