The Yakima police chief fires a detective for improperly sharing information with a potential witness in a double-murder case.
Chief Dominic Rizzi let detective Geoff Gronewald go this week following an investigation.
Rizzi says Gronewalk breached the public's trust by carrying a relationship with the former girlfriend of Michael Eby. Eby and Ryan Pederson were found shot to death in December of 2012 -- four men were charged in that murder, two have plead guilty to reduced charges.
- Westinghouse Electric to file for bankruptcy
- Bodies of 2 UN experts found in Democratic Republic of Congo
- Richland former Gonzaga player to see team make history
- Inmate populations in Yakima County climbing fast
- Home improvement scams on the rise this Spring
- Two police officers promoted in ceremony in West Richland