The Yakima police chief fires a detective for improperly sharing information with a potential witness in a double-murder case.
Chief Dominic Rizzi let detective Geoff Gronewald go this week following an investigation.
Rizzi says Gronewalk breached the public's trust by carrying a relationship with the former girlfriend of Michael Eby. Eby and Ryan Pederson were found shot to death in December of 2012 -- four men were charged in that murder, two have plead guilty to reduced charges.
- Authorities search for man lost in the Yakima River
- Fire officials urge public to use caution when burning outdoors
- Ride Transit Month: Environmental benefits
- Crews battle fire on I-82 East outside of Prosser
- Multiple injuries in 2 vehicle collision on Clearwater
- Arizona prosecutor wants jail time for Vikings WR Floyd