The Yakima police chief fires a detective for improperly sharing information with a potential witness in a double-murder case.
Chief Dominic Rizzi let detective Geoff Gronewald go this week following an investigation.
Rizzi says Gronewalk breached the public's trust by carrying a relationship with the former girlfriend of Michael Eby. Eby and Ryan Pederson were found shot to death in December of 2012 -- four men were charged in that murder, two have plead guilty to reduced charges.
- New cannabis shop sparks concern in West Richland community
- Benton County deputies seize $1.6 million of marijuana
- 1 dead after semi vs. train collision near I-82
- Patients react to Walla Walla General Hospital closure announcement
- Landscaping product business burglarized by two masked men
- Yakima council will revisit public safety ordinance