The Yakima police chief fires a detective for improperly sharing information with a potential witness in a double-murder case.
Chief Dominic Rizzi let detective Geoff Gronewald go this week following an investigation.
Rizzi says Gronewalk breached the public's trust by carrying a relationship with the former girlfriend of Michael Eby. Eby and Ryan Pederson were found shot to death in December of 2012 -- four men were charged in that murder, two have plead guilty to reduced charges.
- Returning property owners not convinced Mother Nature is to blame for recent flooding
- Yakima council presents draft of ‘inclusive public safety ordinance'
- Yakima council votes against raising car tab fees
- Richland extends Benton County jail contract
- First eating disorder treatment program begins in Kennewick
- Jury hears interview with defendant during retrial for former police officer accused of rape